Primary Care Physician, Daria Blyskal MD
Dr. Blyskal serves as a primary care physician for individuals and families throughout Islip, NY and the surrounding area!
A quality primary care physician is essential to the wellness and care of you and your family in today’s medical environment. While some family physicians act more passively for your medical needs, Dr. Blyskal aspires to do much more than just refer you to the next specialist or renew your prescriptions. They need to be competent, up to date medical professionals in their own right with truly excellent diagnostic skills. The best primary care physicians will develop an understanding of you, your history, your unique needs, and your value system. They will order the tests you need, instead of the ones the insurance companies say to order.
Primary Care for the Holistic Family!
Being a primary care doctor is also about listening. This is where many modern medical practices with their treadmill like approach to care have created a real problem for patients. After all, listening is something most of them have a hard time doing in the 5-10 minutes you are allocated in a typical sick visit. And the concept of Wellness visits are foreign to most primary care practices and sadly, most insurance companies. It is for these, and other reasons that we are so proud of our implementation of primary care medicine. It turns out that a medical delivery model based on the Concierge Medical approach, creates the perfect environment for excellence in primary care. Here are some ways in which our practice is better.
- Standard 30 minute appointments with just you and Dr. Blyskal one on one. More time if you need it, the focus is 100% on you.
- Dr. Blyskal doesn’t order tests you don’t need, or therapies that won’t work, just because the insurance company requires it.
- Yearly wellness exams are a part of your practice membership, scheduled at your convenience.
- She provides counseling and guidance on life care for wellness including exercise, nutritional programs, stress relief, and more.
- She is available 7 days per week by phone, email or text for all manner of questions or emergencies.
- Nearly all appointments can be made same day or next business day.