Primary Care Physician, Daria Blyskal MD
Dr. Blyskal serves as a primary care physician for individuals and families throughout Islip, NY and the surrounding area!
A good primary care physician is essential to the wellness and care of you and your family in today’s medical environment. While they can often act as a traffic cop for your medical needs, they need to do much more then just refer you to the next specialist or renew your prescriptions. They need to be competent, up to date medical professionals in their own right with truly excellent diagnostic skills. The best primary care physicians will develop an understanding of you, your history, your special medical needs, and your value system as it pertains to medicine, therapy, wellness, and emergent medical issues. They will order the tests you need, instead of the ones the insurance companies say to order.
Primary Care for the Holistic Family!
Being a primary care doctor is also about listening. This is where many modern medical practices with their treadmill like approach to care have created a real problem for patients. After all, listening is something most of them have a hard time doing in the 5-10 minutes you are allocated in a typical sick visit. And the concept of Wellness visits are foreign to most primary care practices and sadly, most insurance companies. It is for these, and other reasons that we are so proud of our implementation of primary care medicine. It turns out that a medical delivery model based on the Concierge Medical approach, creates the perfect environment for excellence in primary care. Here are some ways in which our practice is better.
- Standard 30 minute appointments with just you and the doctor one on one. More time if you need it, the focus is 100% on you.
- We don’t have to order tests you don’t need, or therapies that won’t work, just because the insurance company requires it.
- We can come to your house, ie. “house calls”. For busy professionals or very sick individuals, this can be a tremendous help.
- Yearly physicals or “wellness exams” are a part of your membership in our practice, scheduled at your convenience.
- We provide counseling and guidance on life care for wellness including exercise, nutritional programs, stress relief, and more.
- Dr. Blyskal is available 7AM to 11PM by phone, email or text for all manner of questions or emergencies.
- Most appointments can be made same day or next business day. And you don’t have to be sick to get in to see the doctor!
Please consider taking a tour of the offices of Dr. Daria Blyskal and see for yourself what primary care medicine was really meant to be.