Primary Care Physician, Daria Blyskal MD
Dr. Blyskal serves as a primary care physician for individuals and families throughout Islip, NY and the surrounding area!
A quality primary care physician is essential to the wellness and care of you and your family in today’s medical environment. While some family physicians act more passively for your medical needs, Dr. Blyskal aspires to do much more than just refer you to the next specialist or renew your prescriptions. They need to be competent, up to date medical professionals in their own right with truly excellent diagnostic skills. The best primary care physicians will develop an understanding of you, your history, your unique needs, and your value system. They will order the tests you need, instead of the ones the insurance companies say to order.
Primary Care for the Holistic Family!
Conscientious primary care doctors take time to listen, examine and communicate with their patients. This is where many modern medical practices with their treadmill like approach have caused frustrating patient experiences: listening is something most of them have a hard time doing in the 5-10 minutes you are allocated in a typical sick visit. Here are some ways in which my practice takes better care of you:
- Standard 30 minute appointments with just you and the doctor. More time if you need it, the focus is 100% on you.
- I doesn’t order tests you don’t need, or therapies that won’t work, just because the insurance company requires it.
- Yearly wellness exams are a part of your practice membership, scheduled at your convenience.
- I provide counseling and guidance on life care for wellness including exercise, nutritional programs, stress relief, and more.
- I am available 7 days per week for remote contact via phone, email or text.
- Nearly all in-person appointments can be made same day or next business day.