Concierge Family Medicine Comes to Long Island’s South Shore
“I wanted a practice where I could make a real difference in the lives of individuals, the public, and the planet we call home…. it’s why I became a doctor.”
-Daria Blyskal, MD.
In this concierge medical practice, I provide each patient with the time they need to address what may be concerning her/him – no issue is too complicated or too small for you to call, text, email or visit. I am a US-trained, board certified physician current in the latest western medical practices. The concierge style allows us to take a more holistic approach to healthcare that emphasizes preventative care, respectful listening and honest recommendations. I am have no ties to insurance or pharmaceutical companies, or healthcare corporations. I provide the comfort and feel of an old-fashioned country doctor. I even make house calls with an old-school doctor bag!
Why Are More and More People Choosing Concierge Medical Practitioners?
- Does your busy schedule or illness make it difficult for you to get to a doctor’s office?
- Are you tired of waiting an unpredictable amount of time in the waiting room just to see the actual doctor for a hurried 5 minutes?
- Would you prefer that a single, family doctor provide primary care for your whole family including children?
- Do you like the idea of being able to call, text or email your doctor almost any time of the day or night and on weekends?
- Are you intrigued by a more holistic solution to health that incorporates the best of Eastern and Western Medicine?
- Are you tired of waiting weeks or even months for non-emergency care like check-ups, and physicals?
- Do you believe that another prescription drug is not the best way to solve every ailment?
- Are you tired of co-pays, and complicated insurance company billing and fights over coverage?
- Do you wish you had a better understanding of nutrition, and how certain diets affect your health and mental well being?
- Do you like the idea of a more thorough, unhurried visit with your doctor in which s/he gets to know you as a unique human?
These are just some of the reasons my unique practice has grown over the last 6 years. For an affordable monthly fee (with a discount for paying annually), any patient age 5 or older can enjoy the benefits of convenient, accessible family medicine. Comprehensive care is delivered in a more satisfying and valuable way than traditional treadmill-style family medical practices.
What Kind of Patients Subscribe to a Concierge Doctor?
My patients include:
- Senior citizens, and retirees of all types who appreciate easier access to health care.
- Busy professionals, lawyers, and executives who require doctor visits on short notice and around their schedule.
- Individuals with complex medical issues who require more proactive, involved, and spontaneous care
- Adults with children who prefer the intimacy and simplicity of having a single primary care physician.
- Individuals who want a more holistic, less drug oriented approach to their health.
- Individuals who appreciate both a sick and a wellness focused approach to their health.
- Individuals who require more regular interaction with, and access to, their doctor directly.
- Individuals and families who don’t like the in-network care options forced upon them by insurance companies.
What are the Costs Associated with Concierge Medicine?
Unlike insurance driven medicine, there are no copays associated with each visit. The monthly or annual fee is a flat rate that covers all manner of office visits, phone and email consultations, and almost all in-office medical procedures.